In these terms and conditions the term “Milestone” “we” “us” or “the company” refers to the owner of this site whose registered name and office being Milestone Reclaim and Landscaping Ltd 732 London Road, Grays, Essex, RM20 3NL. Our company registration number is 08245789. The term “you” or “you the customer” refers to the viewer and user of this website.
- These terms and conditions cover all order and sales contracts between the company and the customer and no variations of these terms are permitted unless with written permission from a company director.
- An order and its contract will only be formed when the company has accepted an order from the customer to supply materials products or services.
- You, the customer, hereby authorise the company to obtain any such credit reports as it may on the customer and its principle partners and directors subject to applying for trade accounts.
Use of this website
We hope that you enjoy viewing or website. By continuing to browse through our website, you the customer are agreeing to comply with and adhere to the following terms and conditions. If you disagree or are unhappy with any part of these, please refrain from viewing or using our website.
The contents of our website and its pages are for general information and use only. The contents and pages of our website can be subject to change without notice.
If you use any information, materials or products from our website, it is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It is the responsibility of you the customer to ensure that any information, materials, products or services available through our website meet your requirements.
Our website contains information, materials and information that may be owned or licenced by us. Reproduction of any part of our website including content, design or look is strictly prohibited. Our website may also contain links to other websites. This websites are provided for your convenience and to aid your browsing experience. These links do not signify or state that we endorse these website(s). We can accept no responsibility for the content of these website(s).
All information contained in our website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by us, and whilst we strive to keep all information up to date at all times, we make no representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy or reliability contained on our website for any purpose. Any such information that you rely on is purely at your own risk.
- Our website and its content are copyright of Milestone Reclaim and Landscaping Ltd.
- Any reproduction or redistribution of its design or content is strictly prohibited.
- You may print or download for personal use only. Commercial use is strictly prohibited.
- You may not, exempt with our express permission distribute or commercially exploit its design or content.
Purchasing Goods with us
The contract between us
- When you place an order with us via telephone or our website, you will be asked to read our full terms and conditions of sale. This forms a legally binding contract between us the company and you the customer.
- When your order is placed with us, we will respond with an emailed order acknowledgement to confirm the receipt of your order, to confirm your delivery details and to provide you with a durable form of contract with us.
- Full payment of your order is required before any materials can be despatched for delivery.
You’re right to cancel the contract with us
- You are entitled to cancel your contract with us for the goods or materials ordered at any time up to the close of business on the seventh working day from the date you received delivery of your order. You will not be required to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the products back to us. All goods and materials need to be returned to us intact before we credit or refund your order.
- Bespoke items which are not part of our normal stock and have been ordered via a drawing or specification cannot be returned.
- To cancel your order you must notify us in writing.
- Our cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights should the materials that have been supplied be faulty.
Cancellation by us
We the company reserve the right to cancel the contract if:
- We have insufficient stock levels to fulfil your order
- We do not deliver to the area that you have advised.
- Any of the products listed within your order has an incorrect price.
- If we decide to cancel your order, we will notify you in writing. By cancelling our contract with you we are not obliged to offer any discounts or compensation.
- Unless stated the price is payable in pounds sterling only.
- Unless otherwise stated or agreed, the price payable shall be that ruling at the date of the delivery of the goods.
- All quoted prices within our website include VAT at the standard rate of 20%
- All quoted delivery prices within our website include Vat at the standard rate of 20%
- We reserve the right to vary the price payable as a result of increases or decreases in costs or currencies subject to the import of materials prior to the date of the customer’s delivery.
- Full payment of your order is required before any materials can be despatched for delivery.
- Failure to make payment may result in your order being cancelled with us.
- For customers that have been granted trade accounts and credit facilities, all sums become due and payable on the last day of the month following that in which delivery took place.
We the company acts as a supplier of materials and products to the order of you the customer and knowledge if any of the purpose for which the materials or products are intended to be used does not imply any representation or warranty by the company as to the quality and fitness for purpose of the materials or products supplied.
- Unless otherwise expressed by us the company, all goods are supplied without any warranty as to their size, weight or dimensions. All correspondence to their size, weight or dimensions by the company are approximate only and do not impose any obligation on the company to supply the quoted size, weight or dimension.
Limitation of Liability
We the company accepts no liability whatsoever for any consequential loss or damage caused or arising by reason of late or no delivery or fault failure or defects in any materials or products supplied or by reason of the same not being quality quantity or fitness for the purpose for which they were intended or otherwise and whether or not allegedly caused by negligence or otherwise.
Colour and texture variances
It is the responsibility of you the customer to understand and accept the variations in colour and texture that may be present in our Natural Stone products. We the company have made stringent efforts within the images and literature of the website to aid you understanding of natural stone products. By accepting our terms and conditions, you are accepting such variances may occur within your order. You also signify that you have read, understood and agreed with Understanding Natural Stone before you place an order and enter a contract with us.
Samples of goods provided by the Company are intended as a guide to the general character and substance of the Goods and the Company is not liable if the bulk of the goods do not correspond with any samples.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to determine the quantity and variance of the sample which may be necessary and the time of its supply in order to ensure that the sample may be representative of the bulk.
- We will deliver your order to the address details provided by you the customer.
- Our standard delivery service uses a network of couriers which use vehicles with the following weights and dimensions- 9.9m long x 2.5m wide x 3.6m high approximate, approximate weight is 18 tonnes.
- We may also deliver your order via a vehicle with crane offload. The dimensions of these vehicles are 11.6m long x 2.6m wide x 3.9m high approximate.
- It is the responsibility of you the customer to us with details that may jeopardise the success of your delivery. You are responsible for instructing us of any restrictions that may hinder the vehicles gaining access to your address. If we are made aware of any such restrictions, we may be able to offer an alternative solution in order to deliver your order successfully.
- Should you fail to provide us with the relevant restrictions, resulting in a failed delivery, you the customer will be responsible for any costs or charges to return the goods to us or redeliver to your address at a later date.
- All deliveries will be made at the front of your property and will be offloaded to the kerbside only and will normally be unloaded at the back of the vehicle using a tail lift and pump truck. The pallets are then rolled off of the vehicle and unloaded in the safest way possible. This delivery procedure may be affected should you fail to notify us of any substantial inclines or declines to the existing ground around your property. Any failed deliveries will be subject to additional costs should you fail to notify us of such problems.
- Delivery dates will be notified once your order is placed with us please be aware that these dates may change due to stock issues, events or circumstances out of our control.
- Any times, periods or dates quoted by us for the delivery of your goods by the company are approximate only and therefore do not impose an obligation on the company to supply and deliver on or before the quoted times, periods or dates.
- We reserve the right to deliver your overall order in separate deliveries should you have ordered several different materials which may be supplied via more than one of our suppliers.
- You the customer accept responsibility for any demurrage or waiting time caused the delay of the unloading process. An appropriate charge may be enforced should your delivery exceed the time frame of over 1 hour.
- If we as the company have the opinion that the area or ground around the desired delivery address is unsuitable or unsafe, we reserve the right to cancel the delivery or redirect it to the safest possible site closest to your delivery address.
- You the customer shall indemnify us the company in respect of any claim for loss or damage arising or unloading of the goods.
- Once delivery has successfully taken place, the responsibility of the delivered materials or products shall solely become the responsibility of you the customer.
We must inform you that deliveries may be partly or in some cases totally suspended by the company at any time when the delivery is prevented or hindered by circumstances out of our control. Such circumstances may include inter alia the following factors affecting the company or its supply chain: Act of God, force majeure war hostilities (whether war is declared or not) riot, civil commotion, explosion, invasion military or unsurped , power strike, lockout, industrial action, abnormal weather conditions, fire or flood, Government action (United Kingdom or otherwise), delay by suppliers, or accidents or breakdowns.
We the company shall not be liable to the customer for damage discrepancy or shortage that would be apparent on careful inspection of the order, materials or products unless such claim is notified within 24 hours of the delivery. We request any such occurrence to be notified to us in writing within 5 working days of the date of delivery detailing the alleged damage, shortage or discrepancy. We would also require reasonable opportunity the company to inspect the goods before they are put into use.
- No discrepancies regarding shortage in respect of goods sold by weight will be accepted unless properly weighed at a public weighbridge thus presented with a printed weighbridge document.
Waiver: Any failure delay by the Company in the exercise of its rights shall not limit or extinguish the rights or remedies available to the Company under the Contract.
Jurisdiction: All contracts between us the Company and you the Customer shall be governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.